I can hardly believe we’re almost all the way through October before I finally carved out time to write this income report. Truth be told, I don’t have the time. My day job has been incredibly busy which means I’m working 50 – 60 hour weeks. No big deal but that doesn’t leave any time for blogging for sure.
Several times in September, and now in October as well, my team has run out of topics. I’m really going to work on building up a nice cache of topics for them to work off of. In fact, I’ve purchased 22 keyword sets from Carl Broadbent’s keyword care service.
I had gotten one “test” pack in myself that I was happy with so I decided that it was a great value to free up my time for a bit until work slows down. These are all for my smaller, baby sites, most of which aren’t monetized or are monetized with Ezoic.
Hiring a keyword service for those sites also means I can focus on finding keywords to build out silos for my Mediavine sites which bring in the revenue that supports the others.
On to the September blog income report.
September 2021 Basic Stats
- 155 Articles Added
- 203,432 Words Published
- $131.00 in Product Sales
💰 September 2021 Blogging Income 💰
- Niche Site Project 1: $4,126.22 🔻
- Niche Site Project 2: $355.36 🔻
- Niche Site Project 3: $4,832.40 🔻
- Niche Site Project 4: $1,408.53 👍
- Niche Site Project 5: $35.06 🔻
- Niche Site Project 6: $71.41 👍
- Niche Site Project 8: $341.00 👍
- Niche Site Project 9: $2,386.86 👍
- Niche Site Project 10: $22.73 🔻
- Project Alpine Ribbon: $25.87 👍
- Printable Site: $1.33 🔻 (for products not related to NSP1)
- This Site: $10.99 🔻
- Project Crooked Knight: $8.91 👍
- Project Crazy Foxtail: $4.10 👍
- Project Orange Falcon: $15.80 👍
- Project Silent Candy: $13.71 👍 🆕
Total Gross Revenue for September2021: $13,660.28
- Gross Revenue for August: $13,229.53
- Gross Revenue for July: $13,911.27
- Gross Revenue for June: $17,262.31
💸 September 2021 Blogging Expenses💸
In the interest of time…I’m just going to paste the table from my Actual P&L this month.
|Advertising & Marketing||256.00|
|Bank Charges & Fees||-0.06|
|Legal & Professional Services||273.50|
|Office Supplies & Software||268.13|
|Domains & Hosting||373.20|
|Total Expenses||$ 9,915.69|
I haven’t had a chance yet to separate out editing costs for last month. My editors are all hired via Upwork so right now its lumped into the content costs.
Net Blog Income for September 2021 – $3,744.59
The number above is ACCRUAL based accounting numbers. My actual books are run on cash based accounting for which the net income number this month is $8,935.35
New Sites Added
One thing I know is not helping with finding the time to do all the things is my penchant for adding new sites. This month we welcomed 4 new sites to the mix! Most are aged domains I purchased off of GoDaddy.
They won’t get their own pages for probably a few months but here are their names and Domain Authority.
- Project Alpine Walker – DA 17
- Project Muted Arrow – DA 1 (but totally awesome brandable domain name)
- Project Scarlet Serpent – DA 10
- Project Frost Dragon – DA 9
MY NICHE SITE PROJECTS
Interested in reading about my niche site projects? Check out my Niche Site Project List to see my projects & their individual status.
RESOURCES I USE
I keep an up to date list of all of the tools and resources I use to manage my blogs, including how I create the awesome dashboards in my income reports, on my Tools and Resources page.
These are my top tools:
- ClickUp – It has easily helped me 10x my productivity.
- Big Scoots Hosting – (or, alternately, SiteGround)
- Tailwind for Pinterest
- ConvertKit for Email List
- Airtable for data tracking/spreadsheets when I first started (though I use ClickUp Exclusively now)
- Project24 the main course I took to learn how to blog, and my primary blog course recommendation.
- BloggerPlot for Analytics and Search Console Analysis in one place.
- Amalinks Pro for Amazon links and awesome tables.
- OnlineJobs.ph for my Virtual Assistants
- Pinteresting Strategies Course for Pinterest
If you want to be updated when I write a new blog post, use this form below. It isn’t pretty but it works :D. I promise to try to remember to email you!