This site is now 6 months old and finally hit Pizza day! That mean’s it finally crossed the $5 threshold for income earned. I have no doubt things will continue to improve from here!
The “ghost town” phase of a blog, even when you know it exists, is the hardest part. You are adding content on blind faith that the plan you have put into place will work.
Still, even though you know it should work, that you have done everything right, the point at which you start to finally earn money, no matter how small, is the big tipping point that YES, you are good to go.
Content / Income
I’m happy to say that I wrote all 5 posts on this site this month. Word count is a little lower than I would normally like it but you will have to just trust me that the posts fully answer the search topic and provide the reader with value.
I was also able to plan out another 50 or so posts for this site for me to chip away at during the month of March. While I doubt I’ll get anywhere near 50 done, having a big pool to choose from helps when I am not feeling inspired.
As far as income the breakdown is:
- Amazon – $5.01
- Adsense – $3.76
Total Income – $8.77
Traffic is increasing nicely for this blog. I am hoping to be able to get it on Ezoic this month. I’ll see what my rep says.
There is definitely an upward trend and my sessions were nearly double last month in spite of there being 2 fewer days in the month.
Last month my goals were:
- Publish 10 posts ❌ FAIL
- Qualify the site for Ezoic ❌ FAIL
This month my goals are still:
- Publish 10 posts
- Qualify the site for Ezoic
MY NICHE SITE PROJECTS
Interested in reading about my niche site projects? Check out my Niche Site Project List to see my projects & their individual status.
RESOURCES I USE
I keep an up to date list of all of the tools and resources I use to manage my blogs, including how I create the awesome dashboards in my income reports, on my Tools and Resources page.
These are my top tools:
- ClickUp – It has easily helped me 10x my productivity.
- Big Scoots Hosting – (or, alternately, SiteGround)
- Tailwind for Pinterest
- ConvertKit for Email List
- Airtable for data tracking/spreadsheets when I first started (though I use ClickUp Exclusively now)
- Project24 the main course I took to learn how to blog, and my primary blog course recommendation.
- BloggerPlot for Analytics and Search Console Analysis in one place.
- Amalinks Pro for Amazon links and awesome tables.
- OnlineJobs.ph for my Virtual Assistants
- Pinteresting Strategies Course for Pinterest
If you want to be updated when I write a new blog post, use this form below. It isn’t pretty but it works :D. I promise to try to remember to email you!